Try our Ice cream with fresh milk and pure incredients. Experimental tastes that people liked during 2014 : peanut butter, salty caramel, Ouzo, candy-mushrooms. Nostos is comming up with new tastes for 2015.
Try Candy mushrooms recipe at home :
- In a large, heavy-bottomed, nonreactive saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream, milk, and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until hot but not boiling. Add the ground candy caps. Remove from the heat and let steep for at least 1 hour or up to 2 hours.
When you feel like your mushrooms are in a good place, return the pan to medium heat and bring the mixture back to hot.
- Fill a large bowl or pan with ice and water. Place a large, clean bowl in the ice bath and fit the bowl with a fine-mesh strainer.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until well blended.
- Remove the cream mixture from the heat. Slowly pour about half of the hot cream mixture into the yolk mixture, whisking constantly. Transfer the yolk mixture back to the saucepan with the remaining cream mixture and return it to medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula and being sure to scrape the bottom of the saucepan so it doesn’
- t scorch until the liquid begins to steam and you can feel the spatula scrape against the bottom of the pan, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the custard from the heat and immediately pour it through the strainer into the clean bowl you set up in the ice bath. Let cool, stirring occasionally.
- When the custard has totally cooled, cover the bowl tightly and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or preferably overnight. When you are ready to freeze the custard, transfer it to an ice cream maker and spin according to the manufacturer’
- s instructions. Eat immediately, or transfer to an airtight container, cover, and freeze for up to 1 week.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp dried candy cap mushrooms, ground to a coarse powder in a spice grinder (Chopping the dried mushrooms in a coffee grinder also works well and your next pot of coffee will be very special.)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar